"Nostalgic Quest: Text-Based IF Game about Mayor's Extramarital Affairs"

Hello,

I’m on a quest to find a text-based interactive fiction game I played in the past. The game was created using Zcode and offers a classic text-only experience, without any graphics or visuals. In this captivating game, players step into the shoes of a journalist or news reporter investigating the town’s mayor, who is rumored to be involved in extramarital affairs with his interns.

While the game itself may not be particularly unique or impressive, I have fond memories of playing it, and I’m eager to rediscover this nostalgic gem.

If you have any leads or can point me in the right direction, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thank you,
Sadik

4 Likes

Welcome!

I’m gonna take a wild swing, based on the search `site:ifdb.org mayor journalist intern. Film at Eleven - Details is what I came up with. It has a walkthrough which should tell you pretty quickly if it’s what you remember.

Hope this helps!

8 Likes

Dear aschultz,

You hit the bullseye! :dart: I can’t thank you enough for your quick response and fantastic sleuthing skills. “Film at Eleven” is indeed the game I’ve been trying to find. I’m over the moon to have rediscovered it!

Your suggestion led me straight to the nostalgic gem I was seeking. I can’t wait to immerse myself in the world of the investigative journalist once again. It’s going to be an exciting trip down memory lane.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to help me out. Your contribution made my day, and I truly appreciate your kindness.

Cheers,
Sadik :grin:

6 Likes

And thank you for leading me to a game I would probably have never found myself.

It looks interesting.

4 Likes

Awesome! I often found I saw new stuff when I looked at something I hadn’t played for 10+ years. Whether it’s in game design or another detail.

Plus it’s the first time I got to answer a “what game might this be?” question. So that makes me happy!

That’s a surprisingly strong knock-on effect of people asking for help, isn’t it? The side questions or observations or just “hey, that does sound interesting.”

I know I certainly assumed everyone else knew everything when I first set foot in the community. I’m still finding old-new games after a while, like, well, this one. I always meant to go look at, say, the top 10-15 from each IFComp, but I never did.

8 Likes

I have a folder on my computer titled “IF Comp N°5”, with the games placing fifth in each IFComp going back to the beginning.

Fifth seems like a good place for games that are really good, but not that well known.

Some samples of games in that folder I haven’t gotten around to yet:

4 Likes