No pressure

Dear ParserComp contestants,

I will be going on holiday to the deep-rural Parque Naturelle du Morvan in France. A beautiful hilly region with lots of hiking trails, semi-wild cows and no internet connection whatsoever.

I will be leaving on the 5th of July. That means I have plenty of time to download all games and take them with me for playing and judging during my vacation. There are ups and downs to this for you, contestants. (Actually, one Up and one Down.)

• Up: Being in such peaceful and calm surroundings will allow me to play your games in the most forgiving of mindsets.
  • Down: Should you decide to upload an improved version during the competition (I believe @Adam_S allows this, at least for this year?) I will not have access to it. What’s more, should any of your games have a stupid and/or frustrating bug in it, it will seriously mess up my vacationally relaxed state of mind and cause me to judge all games much more harshly.

So, for the sake of the enjoyment of my rural French holiday, be as perfect as you can be.

7 Likes

Rrright. “No pressure.” I think we need to have a friendly discussion about what that phrase means. :grin:

2 Likes

Well, it’s not like I’m holding an actual gun to anyone’s head. Just a friendly heads up. Thought it’d motivate you all to shine like your inner diamonds. Kinda like an all-american motivational speech in a sports movie…

2 Likes

Those semi-wild cows sound faintly dangerous. I hope your rural retreat is suitably fortified. Wouldn’t want you to be caught unawares while deeply absorbed in a ParserComp game!

2 Likes

X ME
-You are Rovarsson, son of Rovar, master butcher of your tribe.

X COW
-White with maroon-coloured patches, equipped with impressive horns. It regards you distrustingly. You are on its patch of grass.

EAT GRASS
-Convivially, the cow and you enjoy a grassy brunch together in silent understanding.

5 Likes

It’s the bulls you have to worry about. :wink:

2 Likes

L
-You are in a peaceful grassy meadow full of aromatic blue flowers and tasty clover.
A jealous bull is here.

RUN
-Despite the bulls best efforts to mount you and add you to its herd, you manage to outrun it to the safety of…

Your Tent

2 Likes

Enjoy your holiday!

2 Likes

Yes, just enjoy!

2 Likes

Yes. Likely to be amended for next year :+1:

Adam

1 Like