Newbie from Saskatchewan

Hi all,

I’m 44, from Regina, Saskatchewan and just signed up yesterday.

I dabbled with IF on the Commodore 64 in the mid-1980s but never really got into it as much as I could have. However, despite not playing IF much I managed to find out about the Lost Treasures of Infocom when it came out for the Amiga (and I bought it). Later I got Lost Treasures II and Masterpieces, and as I discovered there was an IF community online I dabbled in the newsgroups and downloaded a bunch of the newer games that the community had been producing.

I’ve played about six or seven of the Infocom games (I feel like I want to work my way through them all before playing the modern stuff). Time availability interferes with the mission but it’s still in progress. :slight_smile:

One day I’d like to write my own IF work but we’ll see how that goes. I’ll have to find out if I have the skill to do that.

Professionally I work in the insurance industry and, part-time, am an undergraduate course lecturer at the local university’s business school.

Welcome to the Interactive Fiction Community Forum. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know how that goes. I have two of the Activision genre collections, and I’m pretty sure I’ve started all of the games on them at least once, but I’ve only finished two of them. I like most of those titles and want to beat them, but there just so hard and time consuming, and I also want to stay caught up with the games that internet community is releasing!

Well, I’m glad you found us.