New Request for Playtesters for "The Axe of Kolt"

Hi all,

I require some reliable beta testers for my re-write of “The Axe of Kolt”. The original game was written for the Sinclair Spectrum around 1990 so it is very much an “old school” type of adventure. The game has been re-written using ADRIFT 5, and has over 200 locations, so it is quite a large game but not as big in terms of gameplay as my recently released “Fortress of Fear”. The text has been expanded, puzzles improved and some new ones added.

You do not need ADRIFT installed on your computer to playtest this game.

The prologue for the game reads as follows:

"You are Alaric Blackmoon, once a mercenary swordsman, now a penniless wanderer. After the defeat of your last employer, the Baron Mescarl, pretender to the throne of Vogtland, you were banished from that kingdom and, after wandering for a couple of months, find yourself in small kingdom called Scippar. You have been living off the land and doing odd jobs along the way, but you are weary of being a mercenary and want to find somewhere to put down some roots. Maybe even find a wife and settle down to a more peaceful life.

This story begins on a cold Sunday afternoon in mid-November. You had been trying to find work in a town called Greenwych, but the people there were suspicious of strangers and although you were able to do a few odd jobs in return for some food, there was nothing that would bring you a more regular income. So you left that town and hitched a lift on a haywain, the driver of which tells you he is headed north along the King’s Highway to the town of Woolwych, but that you might have more luck finding employment in a village called Hengemire, whose folks are known for their friendliness…"

Please reply by PM if you would like to playtest “The Axe of Kolt”.

Thanks.