Need some help with money

Hello! I have been messing around with the “Frozen Assets” example for money (9.4 in the documentation), but I ran into an error. After some experimenting I just couldn’t fix it. Could someone help me out a bit?

(I use borogove.app if that helps)

Code:

Price is a kind of value. $10.99 specifies a price.
A thing has a price. The price of a thing is usually $0.00.
After examining something for sale, say "It can be yours for [the price of noun]."

Definition: a thing is free if the price of it is $0.00.
Definition: a thing is for sale if it is not free.

Instead of taking something for sale:
 say "You need to pay for that."
Before buying something for sale when the money is not in the wallet:
 say "You're broke!" instead.
Before buying something for sale when the money is free:
 say "You're broke!" instead.
Before buying something for sale when the price of the money is less than the price of the noun:
 say "You don't have enough money!"

Instead of buying something (called the noun):
 decrease the price of the money by the price of the noun;
 say "You pay [the price of the noun] for [the noun], leaving yourself with [the price of the money].";
 now the price of the noun is $0.00.
 now the player is carrying the noun;

The player carries a wallet. The wallet contains money.
The price of the money is $10.50.
The printed name of the money is "[price of the money] in cash". Understand "cash" as the money.

Instead of taking the money:
 say "Should probably keep that in your wallet."
Instead of buying something free:
 say "[the noun] is yours already."
Instead of buying the money:
 say "The money belongs to you, buy things with it."

The Fish Shop is a room. "A well-lit fish shop containing delicious looking food."
The cod is an edible thing in the Fish Shop. The price of the cod is $2.00.
The chip box is an edible thing in the Fish Shop. The price of the chip box is $4.00.
The chocolate icecream is an edible thing in the Fish Shop. The price of the chocolate icecream is $1.50.

Error:

Problem.  You wrote 'now the player is carrying the noun'  (line 21): but that is an assertion I can't puzzle out, which seems to involve placing two things in some sort of relationship, but if so then I can't make it work. Perhaps the sentence is too complicatedly phrased, and could be broken up into two or more sentences?
4 Likes

You put a period on the end of the second-to-last line, instead of a semicolon. Inform is trying to read the last line as the start of a new rule.

9 Likes

Thanks mate!