NaNo oh no?

Anyone else writing a game for NaNoWriMo?

For those who haven’t heard of it, NaNoWriMo is ‘National Novel Writing Month’ where writers around the world attempt to write the first 50,000 words of a book in the month of November. NaNoWriMo.org is the web site.

I’m writing a ChoiceScript game called ‘NPC’ (Non-Player Character) which is just as silly as it sounds. Very much inspired by the goal of writing the shortest possible meaningful title.

5 Likes

I’m not, but over the last few years I’ve found November and the whole NaNoWriMo thing really motivating for writing, even at a lower level of intensity.

I’m away for some of the month, but for the rest I’m going to put in some effort at finishing off a nearly completed game that I’m aiming at SpringThing. There will still be a need for more playtesting and revisions after November, but at least if I can complete most of the work then that would be good.

I’ve started tonight jotting down new ideas for revisions to puzzles, in my handwritten notebook. Next task is coding, but this is a good start.

Thanks for the encouragement and all the best with your game!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve barely started actually writing, but I HAVE remembered my password and how to update my word count. Counting that as a win.

1 Like

I’ve decided to do a Twine game this year - Zeitgeist 1980 is heavily inspired by the year’s action comedy films, specifically Smokey and the Bandit II and Any Which Way You Can. If I like what I end up with I’ll end up using it as a prototype to design something in a Godot or Unity + Ink framework next year.

1 Like