My room isn't on the other side of the door!

Hey guys, I’m new to Inform7 and am currently working on a final project. I’ve been working on it for the past three days and have only been able to start coding and writing these past two hours :open_mouth:

Anyways, I am having a difficult time with this whole door thing. Basic, I know. Work with me. Here’s what I have so far:

[code]Path One is a region. Library is in Path One.

Instead of going to Path One when the player does not carry the Insignia: say “You notice some markings glowing faintly on wall. Beneath it says, ‘Light The Way.’ You need to possess magic to pass.”

The Insignia is on the table. The table is in the Throne Room.

After going to Path One:
say “You place the insignia against the glowing markings. They fade slightly and for a few moments you wonder if it worked. Suddenly your hand begins to warm against the magical insignia and just as you feel it might be too hot, the markings shine as bright as the sun. The door creaks open.”

Path Two is a region. Armory is in Path Two.

Instead of going to Path Two when the player does not carry the Iron Key: say “There is a heavy iron lock bolted shut on the door. A key is required here.”

The Iron Key is on the table. The table is in Throne Room.

After going to Path Two:
say “Perfect! Fits like a charm.”;
end the story finally.

The Library is a west of the Castle Entrance. The description of the Library is “You’ve entered the library. It is a round room with colorful books stacked from floor to ceiling in large shelves. A small, withered man with a magnificent beard sits hunched over a large book.”

The Armory is east of the Castle Entrance. The description of the Armory is “You’ve entered the armory. Mail and plate armor is strewn about as well as various weapons.”[/code]

It doesn’t produce an error, but once I use the Iron Key or the Insignia I am unable to get to neither the Library nor the Armory.

How do I create a locked door which requires a certain item in order to proceed to a new room? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you read chapter 3.12 and 3.13, on doors and keys?

In the game as you have it, the Throne Room is not part of the map, so the key and insignia are inaccessible. If I attach them (“The Throne Room is north of the Castle Entrance”) then I can reach all the locations.