Music

I am trying to add music for each time a person enters into a room. Does anybody know how to do this?

You forgot to mention what development system you’re using.

Edit: I now see that you’ve posted before in this subforum, with posts that should have been in the Inform subforum instead. (And later have been silently moved there by moderators. That’s a hint.) I suggest that you place any Inform-specific questions in the Inform forum in the future. If for no other reason, because that will make your questions easier to answer by the people you want answers from.

Edit again: Oh, and the reason I’m not giving you an answer is simply that I don’t know Inform well enough to be able to help you. That’s all.

How do I access the subforum? I am also using a Mac.

The subforum we’re in right now is called Getting Started and General Game Design. On the top and bottom of each page, there is a list of “breadcrumbs” that show you in which subforum you currently are. On this page, you can see “Board index » Authoring » Getting Started and General Game Design”. If you click on the Board Index link, you get to the main page, from where you can reach all the different subforums, such as Inform 6 and 7 Development, TADS 2 and 3 Development, and so on.

I hope that helped to explain a little how the forum software works. If not, please ask for clarification, and I’m sure someone else will be able to explain things better than I can.

I still think this subforum needs renaming badly.

If you are using Inform 7, chapter 23 in the manual describes how to use sounds. Some interpreters can play music in AIFF or ogg format.