Moving passages in twine

Twine Version: 2.3.14
Story Format: Harlowe 3.2.3

Whenever I select a passage in my twine game it moves that passage all the way to the left of the screen and no longer lets me move it on the x-axis. It also deletes all the path lines.

I’ve tried exporting it to other versions, I’ve tried making copies and I tried switching to browser.

The game still works but it makes navigating it practically impossible.

If anyone has suggestions on what to do that would be awesome.

1 Like

It sounds like either your game’s HTML is messed up, the Twine editor is messed up, or possibly both.

You might want to 1) publish your game to HTML, 2) delete it from the Twine editor, 3) make a backup copy of that HTML file, and then 4) edit the HTML file in a good text editor (like Notepad++).

When editing the HTML file, look for “<tw-storydata” and make sure that the “zoom” attribute is set to “1”. Then check the “position” attribute of each “<tw-passagedata” element, and make sure that it’s set up something like “position="500,300"”. If a position value is set to “NaN” (Not a Number) or something odd like that, just change it to some multiple of 100 instead.

Once you’ve verified that the positions are all good, save the HTML file and then import it back into the Twine editor, and hopefully that will fix everything for you. You’ll still need to go in and reposition the passages manually at that point, but it shouldn’t be broken anymore.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like