Merk's Review: Nightfall

This was the last one I played before the deadline (and it was a close call playing through in time to vote – we’re talking two or three minutes close). I didn’t get to the final five games on my randomly-sorted list, regrettably. The highest of those ranked 16th (the lowest, 29th), and even though I’m tempted to play and review for completeness, I probably won’t (sorry – if anybody cares).

Here’s my last review, then. Eric Eve’s “Nightfall”.

I think it says it in some of the ABOUT text or something, but it’s a way to keep track of which locations you’ve visited. I think the uppercase directions lead to rooms you haven’t visited, and the lowercase to ones you have (or the reverse, if I’m remembering wrong).

Ooooh. :slight_smile: That could be it.

hey, just got finished on this (at least up to the bad ending).

I have to say I’ve got a bad feeling about her right from the first clues, like when you get to the bar and see the crosswords displaying “sheevil and scam”. After that and as it took long for any contact or any real threat to appear, I begin to feel the PC to be just a delusional paranoid, trembling at everyshadow or noise.

In any case, here’s something that bothered me and I don’t know whether it’s a bug or intentional: you can’t remember My Office. The PC simply has no memories associated to that place, even though when you get there you do have quite a strong memory of Jeremy recalling something… possibly the PC supressing memories that may taint his love?

top-notch implementation, puzzling story, great writing and suspense… :slight_smile:

gotta try the good ending yet…