Merk's Review: A Martian Odyssey

Feeling a little better today, but I’m majorly bummed out that I won’t be able to finish all of the remaining six games by the voting deadline tonight. I’ll be lucky to finish one… maybe two more after I post this.

The seat belt thing completely stumped me. I’m still not sure how I figured it out.

Also, I’m going to guess that the music files were not OGG (which I’ve never seen take up more than two megs each) and were AIFF, which is uncompressed. That was seriously needlessly gigantic.

I know how I did. The walkthrough. :slight_smile:

Yeah, or maybe MP3 with a high bitrate (or low compression, or whatever it is with MP3). I think there were several different songs. A few at 8mb each would do it.

The funny thing about the seat belt is I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do, but the syntax to make it happen was so absurdly simple I missed it. I can’t remember exactly at the moment but I couldn’t attach straps to tank or anything like that, I just needed to get the tank after I cut the straps, and I was good to go. That alone stumped me for several turns.

I mentioned this elsewhere but I really wanted this game to be a straight-up crash-landed astronaut on Mars survival story. I think that could have worked with this style of game pretty well.

If it had been a crash-landing survival story on a barren planet, I’d think I was playing my own game!! :slight_smile: