Memorable Gaming Moments

When you notice the main effect/gimick in REDDER.

Some moments I haven’t seen mentioned:

Thirty Flights of Loving

From the car crash onwards – basically the entire finale.

their angelic understanding: the red tile scene at the end.

Dear Esther

When you fall from the aerial, then take flight.

As you climb the hill towards the house, and ‘I Have Begun My Descent’ starts playing.

When the narrator speaks this in the 4th chapter: ‘I have begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom…’

The ending of Mentula Macanus: Apocolocyntosis.

The Baron: when you figure out the nature of the PC.

Grim Fandango: the start of the 2nd chapter.

Gemini Rue: when you are told the way in which the two PCs are related.

Shade: sand.

The bigger problem for me is that in this game, you slay a crapload of evil dragons, become the leader of every faction there is, help and protect the people, you save the world by making sure it doesn’t end, in effect becoming the single most important person in the game’s universe, and then you get thrown to jail for taking a tomato without paying for it. Oh, and everyone gives you attitude as if you’re some random scumbag. Pfft.

And fill your house with pots and pans!

I think my most memorable moment was finally getting that babel fish in my ear. My buddy and I in high school used to get together after school and play Hitchhiker’s Guide for hours. When we finally got past the babel fish, I’m not sure how much further we got on the game (I did eventually finish it years later), but we felt that was a huge accomplishment by itself as neither of us had the money for Invisiclues to help us out. So we managed to work our way through it on our own.