Mac VoiceOver users wanted for testing (again)

Well,here’s something a bit different. Up until this point I’d primarily been experimenting with text-only games, but I realized it would probably be a good idea to see how well Voiceover would do around in-game media. I pulled out Peter Nepstad’s 1893: A World’s Fair Mystery, which is supposedly packed with images as well as music. (A quick note: the game’s opening screen may be one of those instances where Voiceover doesn’t recognize that it is being presented with a menu.) Unfortunately that ended up being rather an excruciating experience, although the graphics themselves weren’t at fault. Most of the room and object descriptions are accompanied by what I assume are photo captions–a single line of text containing the name of the object followed by around 80 ___ characters. For some reason Voiceover pronounces each one of those characters individually even though my system verbosity preferences are set so that this shouldn’t happen. On the other hand, I had no issues actually playing the game around all the images, which of course is good news.