[Mac 6L38] Opening local extensions

I haven’t seen anyone else mention this, but please redirect me if they have:

I can’t open extensions from a projects .materials folder from within Inform (with the latest Mac build of 6L38). I can open them from the terminal with the command:

open -a inform Kerkerkruip.materials/Extensions/Victor\ Gijsbers/Kerkerkruip\ Froot\ Loops.i7x

but I’m starting to wonder how other people are doing it, and if development on Kerkerkruip would go more smoothly if everyone could open the extensions from within Inform. Or maybe they can, and I just don’t know how.

What can you tell me about this?

I use TextWrangler with a plugin to do syntax coloring. github.com/erkyrath/BBLM-Inform7

This seems to be missing from the IDE design entirely. (inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=1386). Although, on the Mac, once you open the file from the command line – or double-clicking – it shows up in the “Open Recent…” menu and you can open it from there.

The Extensions tab has little blue and purple folder icons which are supposed to open the appropriate folder in the Finder. These don’t work on the Mac.

This might not be the same thing, but I was having to right click and “open link” before the patch.

Right click on what?

You said “open extensions within inform”. I was having trouble with that until Zarf pointed out it was a known bug. Instead of clicking the extension, right clicking on it and “open link” to view it in the IDE. I apologize if I’ve misunderstood the problem, was just offering a solution if that’s what it was.

You’re referring to inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=1237 , but that’s fixed in the latest release. That was about opening the extension documentation, anyhow. This problem is about opening the extension source.