Ma Tiger’s Terrible Trip matchmaking thread

EDIT: making this a general thread for anyone who want to find someone to play this game with! My initial unsuccessful attempts, plus some folks expressing interest, are below.

As it says in the subject line – I have a 7 month old and am in the middle of moving, so my ability to like plan ahead to play IF is pretty limited and I was worried I wouldn’t get a chance to play this multiplayer Twine game from the author of the justly-celebrated At King Arthur’s Christmas Feast. But the baby is sleeping and I’m able to temporarily ignore the laundry list of stuff I have to do, so anyone want to give it a run? Reply here or send a PM!

EDIT: Alas, window has closed. If anyone is interested in giving it a whirl and for some reason doesn’t mind me potentially PMing at some random time (likely late evening Pacific time) to try to play, drop me a line though! If I don’t find a partner I’m probably going to try to play it by myself, with one instance on my phone and the other on my laptop, and that would just be sad :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awww… Thanks for my morning tearjerker. It goes well with my cup of coffee.

3 Likes

I’ve beta-tested this game, but I’m opening to playing right now if that’s okay…

Edit: if anyone else wants to play, feel free to contact me in the late evening PDT.

3 Likes

You can certainly try me. I can’t guarantee I’ll be available, but if you DM me and I’m here, I’ll play with you.

2 Likes

Thanks folks! I will send the bat-signal y’all’s way next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bumping this to get it to the top of the forum in its new form - hope it’s useful for folks and hat tip to @Encorm for the idea!

5 Likes

OK, trying this again! Tagging @cchennnn and @pinkunz but first-come first-serve if anyone else wants to play, just PM me!

EDIT: alas, baby woke up untimely and upset. Will need to try again!

1 Like

Sorry, I just saw this. Maybe next time…

2 Likes

This saga of ships passing in the night has me more gripped than anything else in the festival so far - I hope there is a happy ending soon!

4 Likes

Yeah, while the way things are going I’m not sure I’ll get to review Ma Tiger’s Terrible Trip, by Travis Moy, I’m gathering a lot of material for my review of the unconventionally-paced yet incredibly suspenseful Trying to Play “Ma Tiger’s Terrible Trip, by Travis Moy”, by Travis Moy.

6 Likes

I had turned in maybe a half hour before you posted this.

Keep trying? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Should we be setting up a bookmaker’s office for this? Odds and all?

• I’ll bet five kudos @DeusIrae gets to play @cchennnn in 11 hours. On the dot.
  • Five additional kudos say that @cchennnn will win. (I don’t even know if this is a competitive or coöperative game. Even so, @cchennnn will win.)
  • And finally, put me down for ten whole kudos saying that before that game, @pinkunz will have narrowly missed two more attempts at matchmaking by random other players.

(I was thinking about honorific currency and “kudos” was the first thing that popped in my head. So there…)

3 Likes

Wait, so now we’re on to playing Betting on “Trying to Play ‘Ma Tiger’s Terrible Trip, by Travis Moy’, by Travis Moy”, by Rovarsson?

2 Likes

Depending on the number of gamblers, you could say we’ve graduated to Massive Multiplayer Mode.

3 Likes

Well, duh. Anyone who’s ever had @DeusIrae test a game (which I think might be everyone) knows that he’s just awful at IF. I can’t tell you how many times he’s broken my games during testing.

3 Likes

It’s always something with that darn’n’tootin’ tester!

3 Likes

lol @ this thread

If I ever make another multiplayer game I’m going to have to put in an in-game signup sheet or something to help people coordinate.

While I strongly recommend that people play the game with another person, if you really want to play it by yourself @DeusIrae (or anybody else) if you’ve got a wide screen you can play with two different browser windows open side-by-side (Chrome & Firefox probably are best).

3 Likes

I’m available to replay it the rest of the night (edit: 8:00pm-11:00pm Central Time US). Hopefully I’ll check this tab every ten or so minutes.

2 Likes

:expressionless:

@rovarsson : Who gets the 10 kudos if you lose the bet?

2 Likes