Lynnea's Twitch streaming (Live reviews)

Watching someone play live and comment is even better than a transcript.

I usually don’t watch them until after I’ve played a game myself, just to avoid spoilers, but they’re definitely neat! As others have said, it’s rare to get a player’s immediate impressions while a game is unfolding.

Okay, good to know! Glad to hear it. I’m definitely continuing.

If you’re looking to pare it down to be an easier commitment, the part that’s least interesting to me is the actual “live” streaming part. If you wanted to record the game “let’s play” style on a schedule that’s more convenient for you and post it on a YouTube channel, that would be just as awesome. That would give you the opportunity to record as free time presented itself without having to schedule it and make announcements ahead of time. Of course you may enjoy it more when you can talk to actual viewers directly. Or maybe do a combo of both.

Oh, time commitment’s fine, I was just wondering how wide an audience it was reaching, since the live viewership numbers are low (and it’s more fun if there are more viewers to interact with). I understand preferring to watch the replays, though, so I’m glad I’ve finally taken the extra time to carve out the games as permanent highlights. I think that’s a fine balance.

Just one data point: The streams take place early Friday evening in my time zone, which is pretty much the worst possible time: either I’m at work, coming home from work, or about to go out after work. I’m probably not alone in this.

If you ask me, I’m most interested in the live part because it means I get to be there and chat while you play. I was kind of worried that you’d end up playing my game (How to Win) yesterday when I wasn’t able to make it, so I’m kind of glad that you didn’t get to it yet. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it when you do play it!

Lynnea, please keep doing the streams! They are great to watch - it’s not often you get to see someone’s reactions to a game in real time. I’ll try to make it to as many sessions as I can, although I’m avoiding games I haven’t played yet (so I’ll get on with playing them.)

Any chance you could cross off the games you’ve played in the first post of this page? It’s nice to be able to see at a glance whether you’re getting close to one I particularly want to watch. Thanks!

Okay. Good to know, and good point! I added quick asterisks to the already-played games. I’ll be continuing Tuesday with How to Win (my kitty has an annual checkup Monday :S). Huzzah!

(oops double post.)

All said, I really appreciate having the archived video, because I almost never can make it to live streams. The one time I did was when you had to leave due to a birth in the family! :slight_smile:

Streaming now. Probable playlist:

How to Win at Rock Paper Scissors
Letters
This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can’t Quite Piece Back Together

Here’s the games from the last session:

How to Win at Rock Paper Scissors
Letters
This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can’t Quite Piece Back Together

Starting in 15 mins. Probable playlist:

A Time of Tungsten
The Queen’s Menagerie
Take

Here are the games from this session:
(next session on Friday)

A Time of Tungsten
The Queen’s Menagerie
Take

Additional thoughts on Take:

A bit ironic that I’m giving a live streamed take on the game myself. Heh.

Probable playlist for session starting in 15 minutes:

Theatre People
Toiletworld
Stuff and Nonsense

Games from this play session:

Theatre People
Toiletworld
Stuff and Nonsense
Zigamus: Zombies at Vigamus

Slightly belated comment, but I’m so glad you’re doing these livestreams, and even gladder that they’re archived this year! I can go back when I have a bit of time and catch up if I have to miss a bit, like today.

Aw, well thank you!

Starting again soon. Probable playlist:

Fair
The Skyscraper and the Scar
Yes, my mother is…