Lost Items extension released!

Here for your use and pleasure is the Lost Items extension, my first extension and my first solo release in Inform 7. I would love to hear comments on the interface, coding and functionality. I hope it is useful to you!

eyeballsun.org/i/Lost%20Items.i7x

I’m not clear on what official bodies I should submit this to. Does the IF Archive want extensions? Should I ask for this to become a public extensions?

There’s no “Release Extension” option in the IDE, is there? I didn’t know if there was an easy way to publish the documentation or nicely-formatted source on my website.

The Inform 7 website is where I (and I assume most people) go for extensions.

Have you seen this?

inform7.com/contribute/extensions/

-Kevin

That small extension seems highly useful. Still, by reading the source, it seems it doesn’t handle containers nor supporters. That would be a nice addition.

Janka

I’m open to ideas. What would you want it to do with containers or supporters?

I’m basically thinking of having some more standard responses.

Kitchen
You see a cardboard box.
> put ball into cardboard box
[some NPC takes the cardboard box later secretly]
Outdoors
> throw ball
The last time you saw the ball it was inside the cardboard box.
> open cardboard box
The last time you saw the cardboard box it was in the kitchen.

Janka

Maybe that could be a “use” option - “use default remember holder” vs “use default remember location.” What do you think?

I’ve made a couple small changes. The notice absence rulebook has been changed to the noticing absence activity. There is a new “Did we lose” rulebook so you can customize which items are lost.

The new version is in the same place:

eyeballsun.org/i/Lost%20Items.i7x

The old version is still there, but it’s been renamed to “Lost Items-1-101203.i7x”.

I think I will submit this now, and consider suggestions such as remembering containers for version 2.

Thanks for the input. Keep it coming!