Lost file

Has the same size as the lost picture ?

i dont know the size of the og pic i just made a rando pic and saved it as T3-image.t3 and the work bench cant find it

Iā€™m not very familiar with TADS, but I think that it might not mean ā€œimageā€ as in ā€œgraphical imageā€. It might refer to a certain technical sense of ā€œimageā€:

(Quoted from the page about the hello world example in the TADS System Manual.)

Could you list exactly which files you have?
When you said above that you redownloaded it, you mean the compiled game file which can be played in an interpreter?
By ā€œogā€, you just mean ā€œoriginalā€, right?

If you only have the runnable game file (which usually ends with ā€œ.t3ā€), then your best bet might be to try one of these tools:

• One tool is called ā€œglulx-stringsā€, but despite the name, it also can deal with TADS files: glulx-strings
    You just drag the file that youā€™ve got into your browser onto the page, and the tool will try to read out the text strings from the game. This will not give you source code that can be compiled, but at least you will probably get all the descriptions you wrote, which is better than nothing (and faster and easier than playing the game to copy-paste the text). I just tried this with a TADS 3 file which I randomly downloaded from the IF Archive, and it seems to work quite well.

• Another tool is a decompiler for TADS 3, written in Perl. You can find it here : GitHub - FictitiousFrode/Decompilers: Perl scripts for decompiling IF containers
    This will give you a ā€œ.tā€ file, which is in principle the right ending indicating a source code file for TADS, but when I looked at it, it seemed to be mostly a list of objects and properties, like an intermediate version from the compilation process. It could be worth a try to load such a ā€œ.tā€ file into the Workbench.
    However, if youā€™re on Windows, you would need to install Perl to execute the decompiler script.

1 Like

the first one does get me the descriptions like you said and i tried to get perl to work and nothing would open