Looking for a passionate fantasy writer

As a small developer (in the sense that you don’t have hundreds of millions of dollars at your disposal), you’d have less protection against the dangers of blockchain (even those sounder ideas I mentioned have risks for those pursuing them with insufficient capital, expertise or specificity), and no clear reason for assuming the risk for the use case described. I would advise a different course of action.

It would be our first NFT experiment with IF. However, this would not be our first project using blockchain. I understand all the risks you mention, but they are much lower than you think in practice, from my experience developing in the crypto space for over two years.

Also, not everything in the blockchain needs to be expensive; we already did free projects, for example.

I think part of the problem is the lack of rigor around terms like “assets.”

I didn’t provide rigour as I just used it as in the dictionary definition: “a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality.”, not a financial definition of a US regulation body (I am not even American).

Of course, you can debate whether that thing is useful or valuable, but as a lifelong collector, I would argue that they are valuable to me, even if I never sell them.

And as I said previously, not everything needs to be overly expensive, and there are a lot of communities that, like me, collect those digital “assets”.

[whirls from the shadowy corner with a cape flourish and a toss of glitter]

Did someone say they’re looking for a…passionate fantasy writer?

Well look no further! I’ve written more than one - but less than five - works of complete passion and fantasy. Do you like robots? Me too! And-

What? What’s a block shame? Blockchain? What is that? I mean…oh. I don’t even know what that- Yeah. Don’t worry. I don’t have any more glitter… I got it. Okay, okay, I promise. Yeah, yeah, read the thread before I jump in - jeesh, I frikking work here.

As you were! [subtle jazzhands]

[tosses smoke pellet; wraps cape and almost seems to vanish again into shadows except for the shoelace caught on the chair leg]

13 Likes