Local Editor File Handling

I’ve downloaded the 2.3.9 editor into my Windows 10 system. (It installed over 2.3.7, which I had previously.) When I click the +Story button, it asks me for a story name. I give it a story name and then click the Add button – and the name field blanks. No new story is created. If I hit Return instead of clicking Add, the dialog box closes, and again, I get no new story.

I’m also unclear what’s happening with the Archive command. To test it, I saved an archive with a couple of stories (which I happened to have had hanging around since last year). I then deleted one of the stories in the editor window and tried to reload the archive using the Import From File command. My deleted story should obviously have reappeared when the archive was loaded, but it didn’t. I don’t know if the archive simply failed to load, but that’s sure what it looks like.

This could easily be user error, but I’m not seeing how it would be. Suggestions would be appreciated!

…and after I uninstalled the program, restarted the computer, and reinstalled from a fresh download, it’s working as expected. Also, the story files that didn’t show up before (with names like xxxxx) now show up. There was something weird going on with the display of story files, is my guess.

That may or may not have anything to do with loading from the archive. Dunno.

I tried opening a story .html file from the IFcomp 2020. It opened (though without passage names). Something may have gotten wonky when I did that.