Let's Play The Secret of Loom

ECED?

Yeah, obviously ECED. :slight_smile: I’d missed the actual order of the pirates - no animation, and those guys are tiny!

True adventurers know how to hunt for pixels. Anyway, I try ECED on the SCUMM door.

And lo and behold it opens!

So I head on…

Click on the pirate furthest to the right, that is in profile, facing left. The blue shirt and blue hat one. Maybe we can ask him about another Fine Game from LucasArts™?

I would try interacting with all of the pirates, and the dog. Can we try “open” on the dog to get it to drop the bone?
Also see if we can interact with the drapes or the holes in the wall.

In addition, there’s a closed door in the square we could try opening; but I’d wait on that until we’ve explored our current location.

Thought we’d lawnmowered the square thoroughly?

Right, lawmower this one as well. Interesting spots are all the pirates - they all seem equally detailed, so apart from the one carousing on the chandelier (wonder if there’s a SPINNING draft there? :wink: ) they all seem equally plausible.

Then there’s the dog, the bone, the curtain. And those weird holes at the back.

Plus, it would be cool to see if the sleeping pirates are snoring - a “sleep” draft would be useful. Or, as the case may be, a “sound like the cutting of mighty logs” draft.

But we didn’t have “open” then. :slight_smile:

So I have a talk to the guy on the far side:

And he tells me all about Sam & Max: The Fate of Atlantis, a stunning mystery adventure game that Lucasarts were working on at the time.

(As my time is a lot more limited than it was several months ago, if people want to prioritise the next action that would be great- I don’t really want to lawnmower.)

Beautiful. Better than I could have hoped for.

I’m trying to think of a non-metagaming reason for Bobbin to walk through this screen in its entirety, and just go visit the Pirate Captains on the next screen. I mean, lawnmowering this screen would be my natural gaming response, but if the Secret of Loom is anything like some other game I played once upon a time, there’s not a lot to do on this screen at the moment.

In any case, I vote to walk to the next screen, because Bobbin would do that… because… of… because he’s a naturally cautious fellow, and the rest of these pirates seem TOO disreputable. After all, Bobbin Threadbare has never left the island where the Weavers live before… and all these un-hooded heads are beginning to scare him.

I think I have a beta release of Sam & Max: The Fate of Atlantis on thirty glow-in-the-dark 5.25" floppies somewhere if anyone’s interested.

As far as the current location goes, my priority would be checking out the dog.

Ditto for the dog.

Dog dog dog dog dog

So I go and talk to the dog, but the dog growls at me!

The growl is to the tune of DFFD, and upon hearing it Bobbin becomes frightened and runs out of the of Scumm Bar!

Yay, a “frighten” draft we can’t use yet! Well, if lawnmowering is out, and I guess the rest of the pirates are scenery, we can maybe try to go back inside and take a look behind the curtain?