Lectrote beta release 0.1.0

It is helpful.

I don’t know where Windows puts preferences files. On MacOS it’s ~/Library/Application Support/Lectrote/lectrote-prefs.json .

Yay, that fixed it! Thanks!

In case anyone else runs into the same problem, here are some useful links.

Where the preferences file is kept:
support.inqscribe.com/knowledgeb … ences-file

How to find the appdata folder in Windows:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … bfcd1f54a5

This is a discussion that has already been had elsewhere, and it’s been explained to me why things are as they are…

…and yet I still find things would be so much simpler if a program could just store its relevant files - the ones that don’t need sharing - in its own folder.

Sigh, for a simpler world.

Simpler except that it would break various things. Presumably that’s what was explained to you.

Indeed. I think you were there, too. It’s in a thread somewhere around here.

(a thing can’t get any simpler than broken, btw)

(EDIT - Actually, scratch that. A broken thing is simpler in function, because it doesn’t work, but it’s far more complex. A thing that functions is the simple one, every part connected to the other to perform a certain function; a broken thing has components failing to connect, and components that are therefore made redundant. It’s a mass of potential waiting to be realised, and depending on how it’s fixed it could even achieve different functions. Even if it’s not fixed, it’s an intriguing number of components working away for no obvious reason. Nothing simple about it)

The scrolling is a little buggy; the “MORE” box definitely shouldn’t be there when the game’s already at the command prompt. (Happens on “Zoom In” > 1)

Does the MORE box disappear when you scroll down?

(I fixed a bug having to do with that in mid-February, so make sure you have the latest version.)

While I can open a .blb file directly in Lectrote, I cannot choose Lectrote by right-clicking on the file and select “Open with”. That’s not really important (I don’t have that much .blb games), but if it can be corrected… I’m on OS X, by the way.

I also have a suggestion : do not make Lectrote quit when closing the last window. I often close a game to open a new one just after, but then it quits, which is a bit frustrating. I also think that not quitting is the standard behavior, at least on Mac.

Yeah, I can add .blb, although it’s a bit of a mixed case since I don’t handle all Blorb files. (I’ll need yet another icon, sigh…)

Quitting when the last window is closed is sort-of-standard behavior on MacOS. Preview, TextEdit, and Pages do it. Safari doesn’t.

It’s true that the apps which do it prefer not to close while they’re in the foreground, but I’m not sure I have that level of control with the Electron framework. I’ll check.

Well, on my computer, neither TextEdit nor Pages nor Preview quit when closing the last window.

And for the .blb, it can wait. I’ve got only five, and two of them do not work with Lectrote because they try to play sounds without checking if the interpreter supports them.

You mentioned Hadean Lands on Steam - did you make a Glk for steam that’s all GPU based, or is it using something else under the covers? A Glk for source engine?

Nah, you can just push HTML5 Electron apps to Steam, as is. That’s what the Hadean Lands app does, and it’s also what we do in our apps at Choice of Games.

Right. The process is now documented in the “Packaging a bound game” section at github.com/erkyrath/lectrote.

Cool, thank you.