learning process

Hey we could do something with this.

How about we make a competition where only untested games are allowed?

EVEN RELEASED GAMES ARE ALLOWED as long as it’s the version BEFORE the beta testing.

For ****s and giggles, of course.

The only question would be, would the worst offender or the least broken game win?

EDIT:
some ideas for names

ClunkFest. Junk-a-Thon. Bro-Com (Broken Competition). We can’t call it YIIBBNABASOTOE (Yes It Is Bad But Not As Bad As Some Of These Other Entries) because A) it’s too long and B) someone has to finish last

Might as well bring back the SpeedIF, then.

Which I don’t think is a bad idea. It encouraged people to just get out and MAKE something, and the lower expectations made it easier for new people.

How would you prove a game hasn’t been tested?

no prizes to win so no reason to cheat (unless you’re an egomaniac)
and, well, just the honor system, I guess

I’d say “most interestingly broken”. If it’s broken but it’s just frustrating, that’s boring. If it’s broken, but there’s something interesting or fun about how it’s broken, that’s fun.

…but on the other hand, I’m also the kind of person who would consider making a deliberately broken game for an event like that. So.

You would?

but then again there’s no prize so why would you?

anyway, like introcomp has a rule, let’s make this a rule:

game’s gotta be fully functioning and complete within the year. :slight_smile: and it can’t suck by that time, and it’s gotta be thoroughly tested then.

For fun! In a Stanley Parable kind of mindset.

No prize, no incentive. :stuck_out_tongue:

People who enter but dont finish the game afterwards get visited by the nutcrackfairy. Or something.

Did you really think I thought any of this through?