Still thinking about dodging and parrying. Throwing a flash grenade and running away doesn’t really help that much:
It seems to me that blindness shouldn’t be so heavily penalized when dodging or running away. If you have your back to the enemy, it doesn’t really matter whether you can see, does it? Not sure what the parrying penalty for blindness is, but that should be high. What do you think?
Trying to think bigger, it seems like just about every effect tends to shift the balance towards dodging or parrying being the best reaction. It’s never really a choice that requires strategy, you just run the numbers and choose the same one every time the combination of weapons and combatants is the same. If there were a tradeoff - e.g. good chance of reducing damage vs. small chance of eliminating damage, or chance of escaping the attack vs. chance of disarming your opponent, then it would be a more interesting choice.
Completely unrelated: I think I found a bug:
I’m guessing that the dimensional anchor is in the imp’s location, but the imp is not here.
Still editing…
Hey everyone, come back! The flames are over!
Now for a flame of my own… ![]()
I hate the demon of rage! I swear it’s a tougher opponent than the minotaur. Isn’t it supposed to be Level 2? It’s hard to hit, and hard to kill with all those health points. It’s sort of easy to damage - except when it has protection. Is there any way to tell when it has protection? And it just keeps hitting and hitting! And it doesn’t stay put, so it’s even hard to avoid fighting! And its abilities are only useful in very limited situations, and can be fatal if you get them too soon… which is hard to avoid when it keeps getting in your way!
What is the point of this infernal beast? Is there a trick to defeating it that I’m missing? I took it on with tentacle powers and decent stats and it still wiped the floor with me! I stunned it and drove it insane but it just kept on whomping me!
More edits…
Regarding the demon of rage, when you hear a “fierce howl” in the dungeon, does that mean the demon is using the howl ability? Does that mean the longer you go without fighting it, the more howl power it has? How does that work exactly?
And a question about the space-time discontinuum:
I normally expect one character to get maybe three or four turns in a row in the space-time discontinuum, but what is the probability that they’ll get six?