June 4th: Combination Online/Offline Playthrough

This week, the SF Bay Area IF Group is going to try something that (to the best of my knowledge) has never been done before: we’re going to try to play some interactive fiction in a combination online/offline event.

Every Saturday at 11am Pacific, ClubFloyd meets online to play interactive fiction together in ifMUD.
allthingsjacq.com/interactiv … #clubfloyd
ifmud.port4000.com/

On Saturday, June 4th we’ll meet in person (location TBD) in front of a big monitor and a streaming webcam; we’re going to try playing a ClubFloyd game in person together with everyone playing online.

Which game? Uh, well, we’ll be playing my game, “Choice of Broadsides,” which now has an offline command-line version specifically designed for ClubFloyd. :slight_smile:

(The location will most likely be my office in San Francisco, right by Montgomery St. BART, but I’ll have to confirm that on Tuesday.)

Will it work? Will it be a catastrophe? Nobody knows. That’s why you should be there, either logged into ifMUD at 11am Pacific or in person at the SF Bay Area IF Meetup!

For more details, see the full listing:
meetup.com/sf-bay-area-inter … /20019741/

When: Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:00 AM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

This Meetup repeats on the 1st Saturday of every month.

Location posted! We’ll be at 88 Kearny St in San Francisco, and also on the interwebs of ifMUD.

See you there at 11AM Pacific 2PM Eastern, either online or in person!

meetup.com/sf-bay-area-inter … /20019741/