inform7 mobile

Is there a mobile version of inform 7?

Nope.

The playfic.com/ site is somewhat, though not perfectly, usable as a web app from a tablet.

Thanks for the help.

I find coding anything on a tablet or mobile phone to be rather constraining. I need to have a full keyboard.

Is there a mobile i6? That may be better. My tablet doesn’t have a tab button.

Here’s the official site: ifarchive.flavorplex.com/indexes … ables.html

I think the only deliberate mobile i6 compilers are for devices running Windows CE.

The good news is that if you’re using playfic.com you can’t use tabs anyway. (I don’t think. I’ve never figured out how.)

There’s an alternate style for nesting blocks of code, described in section 11.7 of the documentation; instead of:

To comment upon (whatever - a thing): if whatever is transparent, say "I see right through this!"; if whatever is an open door: say "Oh look, an open door!"; if whatever is openable, say "But you could always shut it."

you can write:

To comment upon (whatever - a thing): if whatever is transparent, say "I see right through this!"; if whatever is an open door begin; say "Oh look, an open door!"; if whatever is openable, say "But you could always shut it."; end if.

where the indentation doesn’t matter, I don’t think. I prefer the tab-stopped version but on playfic I use the begin… end if version.

You can’t create tables without tabs, though.

(I’ve wanted a non-tab-formatted table format for a while, but it hasn’t happened.)

I agree with you about the non-tabbed table and largely for the reasons that this thread is going in. Now, to prove I learn from what I read here, someone took me to task before (in another thread) for not “just jumping in” and making the fixes I wanted rather than waiting for things to be implemented. So in the spirit of not feeling owed and being grateful and giving back … how do we go about starting to implement this?

As you know, because you’ve brought up the subject before, the I7 compiler is not open-source.

You can file a feature request at inform7.uservoice.com/forums/57320-general .