[Inform6] Parameter passed to Descriptors()

Sometime between Libraries 6/10 and 6/11 in parserm.h, someone stopped passing token_allows_multiple to Descriptors(). Why was this done? The code in Descriptors() still checks for this parameter.

Dunno.

The code in Descriptors() doesn’t check for the parameter. It checks the global allow_plurals, which it always did. The effect of the change in 6/11 is that the parameter is now presumed always true.

I see that Descriptors() is called from more places in 6/11. Maybe it didn’t make sense to have a parameter in some contexts but not others.

Look at lines 2400 and 2415. There you see allow_multiple tested, but that variable never has anything assigned to it.

That must have crept in with 6/12 changes. 6/11 doesn’t use the symbol “allow_multiple” at all. (Nor has it shown up in the I7 parser library.)

I dug around in the repo and found that it crept in along with the bug fix for L61114 (Mantis 976). It was copied from 6/9 (I think) without clearly understanding it. I don’t think anyone really understood that chunk of code given how it got worse between 6/10 and 6/11.