Inform 7, Conditional Value trouble

After examining: increase the bad things counter by the badness of the noun; if the thing examined has a badness is greater than 0; say "Your con-comms unit begins to broadcast to you 'Our sensors are picking up the content loud and clear. We got it. The gross value of your experiences in this time is [bad things counter], but we'd like the value to be at [required sights counter].'"; now the badness of the noun is 0.

I must admit that I don’t have a copy of Inform 7 handy, but have you tried changing the semicolon in your if-say statement to for a comma?

if the thing examined has a badness is greater than 0, say "Your con-comms unit begins to broadcast to you 'Our sensors are picking up the content loud and clear. We got it. The gross value of your experiences in this time is [bad things counter], but we'd like the value to be at [required sights counter].'";

I can’t verify this fix at the moment.

Peace,
Kazuki Mishima

I also had to change my wording a bit too. Thanks for setting me on the right path.

It’s right now:

After examining: increase the bad things counter by the badness of the noun; if the badness of the noun is greater than 0, say "Your con-comms unit begins to broadcast to you 'Our sensors are picking up the content loud and clear. We got it. The gross value of your experiences in this time is [bad things counter], but we'd like the value to be at [required sights counter].'"; now the badness of the noun is 0.

Just saying this for anyone else reading this just in case they want to know how to do this.