Inform 10 issue: lack of styles?

The only serious issue I currently found is that the styles, bold and italic, aren’t shown; below is one of the my favorite debug items, the might Scroll of Styles (I have a version for every IF language with font styles support; I suspect it can be useful also in debugging 'terps.

"Lab" by "PGdE"

the lab is a room.

the scroll of styles is carried. The description of the scroll of styles is "This is the Scroll of Types, listing every type in Inform 7/10. In inform 7 work as expected, but in inform 10 don't change styles. (the fixed spacing works, tho).[paragraph break]
[bold type]Bold type.[roman type][line break]
This is the [italic type]italic type.[roman type] [line break]
then came the [fixed letter spacing]fixed letter spacing.[variable letter spacing] [line break]
That's all, folks !"
test me with " i / x scroll "

Any opinions/suggestions ? I tested the above on both git and glulxe from the gargoyle 2022.1 release, so I’m reasonably sure isn’t an 'terp issue.

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, all the text styling instructions just come out as style roman; in the end. I’ve filed a bug report: [I7-2085] Text styling instructions are mistranslated - Inform: The Bug Tracker (atlassian.net)

3 Likes

Adrian, thanks for both confirmation and bug reporting :slight_smile:

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

The issue has been resolved. If you rebuild the compiler from the current GitHub sources, you should see text styling work properly.

5 Likes

Thanks, Adrian and Graham !

Now styles works as designed :slight_smile:

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

1 Like