Inf7, a CLI project manager for Inform 7

Ah, yeah, not surprising that some of the links are now broken.

Instead of looking for Documentation and Resources try looking for Rdoc1.html (one of the files that should be in Documentation) and the doc_images directory (a directory that should be under Resources that I think is the only subdir inf7 cares about).

My development version had already diverged a lot from the release version even before v10, most notably 'cause I had gotten around to doing syntax highlighting by lexing within Ruby instead of depending on i7tohtml.

Doing an update to the existing release version to make it compile with v10 instead of 9.3/6M62 wouldn’t be too much work, I’m pretty sure. When v10 came out, I quickly put in an ugly hack to be able to compile either 10.1 or 6M62 for my own use. My aspiration, though, is to provide a decent way to choose among any of 9.1/6L02, 9.2/6L38, 9.3 or 10.1.

But saying “compile with v10” instead of “support v10” above was a very deliberate choice. A huge amount of the value that inf7 offers over, say, the cheesy Perl interface, was that it built a usable version of the Project Index which was appropriately cross-linked with both the docs and syntax-highlighted copies of the source and extensions. And pretty much all of that is massively broken by mostly small, but consequential differences in details. (Also, I now have a completely different way to build the docs, coded in a very ugly fashion, but producing better results: v10 documentation. )

I began writing inf7 when I was still an Inform 7 newbie and just guessing at what I wanted. The documentation processor, smoke tester, and compilation helper/project manager actually began life as separate programs. The whole thing grew by accretion as I thought about new things I wanted and has reached the point of being difficult to modify 'cause even I don’t understand parts anymore. It’s in kind of desperate need of a redesign now that I’m no longer such a newbie and v10 is here.

So I may modify the existing release version to update the dead links and handle v10, but I’m probably not going to sink a lot of time into maintaining this version. And my list of I7-related projects is long, and I’m afraid a redesigned inf7 isn’t near the top of it. :frowning_face:

whoops, v10 doesn’t even have a cap-R Resources directory. doc_images is under resources/Imagery.

I see, fair enough. I’ll probably tinker with it in my own fork then, at least enough for my own purposes; I’ll try not to bug you about any issues I run into, but if you’d like I could let you know if I end up doing anything particularly interesting.