imaginary games from imaginary universes

I think fanciful pseuds would be interesting and perfectly suited to the theme of “imaginary games from imaginary universes”. It could be used to work “in-character” within the conceit (e.g., writing a “sequel” to the imaginary game “Ludonarrativia” by Studio eQuill, one might submit a game as “Studio eQuill” or something), or used as another avenue of um… peripheral commentary (the way that titles and blurbs can be used), or to reimagine the author as a denizen of the imagined universe (e.g., for a “fanfiction game” of an imaginary game created for Martians, maybe a made-up “Martian” name that may or may not obviously be a version of your actual name/handle). Or just for miscellaneous puns and funs. The possibilities are appropriately endless!

[edited to quote for context, since pagetop]

I am sending something out later touching on this very question, but the short version is: do what you want.

How closely related should our games be to the original review? As it is, my game only has surface similarities to its inspiration. I could try to add more elements from the review but I think anything I add will likely feel tacked-on…

My understanding is that the games can be any form of reaction to the review, a close remake isn’t necessary.

Yes.

Looks at impending deadline
Looks at state of work in progress

Eep.