IFDB -> Trollololol

Even a 12 year old nowadays knows that if it’s on the net, then it’s liable for anything and everything.

Ok, now we’re talking the same language. What happened, and what caused this discussion, is that a number of essays were being made public, and it wasn’t doing any good, and a bot was doing it. This discussion wasn’t pretty but the bot got shut down, and things are much quieter now, and Quest games are still being added, but there’s a criteria to it.

As for removing them from the IFDB altogether, that’s trickier ground… it’s like, once it’s published, it’s harder to remove.

I hate coffee. Can’t stand the stuff. Which puts things in perspective, hey? Trying to judge someone’s character and persona from a single internet forum argument is, as you see, quite hopeless.

MTW - Well, those games were released within a certain closed-ish community. In a sense, there was some trust that the bot violated, if you want to go down that route.

David - You GOTTA be kidding me! I’ll intrinsically believe anything that a person whom I trust will tell me, and I have no reason to mistrust you, so if you say that’s really his name, I’ll believe you, but I GOTTA ask: is that really is name?

I swear that everything I posted was true. Except for the words.

You tease.

EDIT - Stepping back, I just got quietly amazed at the sheer number of pages in this discussion, and how much of it has taken place after it was all sorted out.

Yes, the dead horse has been kicked, gutted, stuffed with electronics, turned into a cyborg, and now is hobbling around. I’m not sure what it eats, but its sure making a mess of the place.

You just reminded me of Horse Master. I’m not sure if that’s praise for either the game or this thread.

There’s a game with zombified, cyborg horses!!! :open_mouth: Awesome!

You’re boorish and you’re not making much sense, but I’m going to give you one more chance. Don’t squander it.

amazon.com/Pudlo-Paris-2007- … B002YX0BNW

Did Gilles Pudlowski write a negative review of your restaurant? Do you think I am he? You don’t strike like the kind of man who would own a restaurant in
Paris, but who knows.

Craftian: Not literally, not quite. Cyberqueen might be closest. :slight_smile: It just reminded me of HM, 'sall.

EDIT - Ok, now, I’ll be a lot more serious. This is starting to mirror Andreas’ introduction to the forum, then the Pudlo flag came up, then we all know what happened. Please let me suggest - let’s NOT drag any more Pudlo into this. LGBT, feel free to browse the forum or RAIF or whatever, I swear just bringing the guy up in any context except to be glad he’s gone just does more harm than good. Let’s kill this one off before it starts, 'kay?

I have heard a great number of people in my life complain about rampant entitlement (often of young people) that is ruining society or what-have-you. As a relatively young person that this has been passive-aggressively directed towards and part of the ‘twitter generation’, I would like to point out that this entitlement you rant about can directly attributed to an attitude like this:

Entitlement happens because people expect things they don’t deserve. Some parents have raised children that thinks the world owes them everything, because they didn’t have to develop skills to receive praise that they didn’t earn. There are multiple sociological studies, thesis papers and articles written about it. It’s not a failing of the ‘twitter generation’ in our entirety, it’s a failing of the generation that raised us.

If someone releases a bad game, why should it deserve glowing reviews? As previously mentioned, there is a huge difference between constructive criticism meant to help the author get better, criticism that is purely destructive, and blowing smoke up someone’s ass. I would much rather someone point out the flaws in what I do so that I can improve and earn praise for doing something well than to have someone smile and tell me that I shit sparkles.

You can’t have it both ways. If you are going to complain about the entitlement of the Internet, you better be working to be part of the solution instead of advocating for the same behaviour that caused the problems. Alternatively, stop complaining when your actions beget expected results.

EDIT: More posts were posted as I was writing this than I was able to preview before posting it. I edited to tag the thing as a rant.

EDIT 2: Un-tagged rant as requested.

Bad news, Mr Lesbian Gay Bi Transgender, your foe list doesn’t appear to be working.

Please don’t. It’s a great post. I actually posted “Excellent post. I salute you.” as a reply, but I deleted because it was rather superfluous. Please de-rant it. :slight_smile:

EDIT - Thanks!

That is rather funny. And no, I didn’t know that particular acronym.

How long have you been on the planet Earth?

You’re on probation.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, boy. Are we going to get the dancing puppet speech again? Please!!! That one was a classic.

51 years.

Seconded. I was trying really hard not to post, but what the heck, I simply wanted to post this:

“Damn. Shades of Andreas all over again. David, do you attract this sort of thing or what?”

Thanks. :blush: I put some thought into it, but after I hit post I guess I had second thoughts on how it would be perceived based on where the thread was when I started the post and how far it had come in the two pages of posts that went up as I was typing it.

Relevant, thoughtful answers are always… well… relevant.