IFDB "malicious voting"

pretty sure that as a proj of the IFTF foundation the IFDB team can be joined by anyone who volunteers to help w the proj. if it bothers you a lot you can always join & help.

Eta: it looks like technically the committee’s limited to 12 members but if you’re willing to help with things you could ask how to contribute?

1 Like

A tuxedo-patterned cat stands on hind legs among a group of penguins. Caption: DAY 20 - THE WEB DEVS HAVE ACCEPTED ME AS ONE OF THEIR OWN. (The phrase 'WEB DEVS' is obviously photoshopped over the original text.)

Can personally confirm.

8 Likes

As far as I know, anyone can submit a pull request. There are a lot more features requested than there are people to work on them. (heh, posted same time as Keltena)

2 Likes

Indeed, anyone is welcome to contribute changes to IFDB’s code.

You can start by following the instructions here: https://github.com/iftechfoundation/ifdb

That will let you run a local copy of IFDB on your machine, which can be fun and informative in its own right. You can make local modifications to the PHP code and file them as a Github pull request.

FWIW, I’m unlikely to work on a moderation log feature any time soon, but I’d happily review a PR, or answer questions for someone who wanted to work on their first PR.

Also, I think having a moderation log is probably not a good idea for someone’s very first PR. There are other, smaller issues that would be easier to get your feet wet before trying something tricky.

3 Likes