IFComp 2020 - Games by development system

I went through a similar exercise, except that I was trying to identify the text adventures (parser-based interactive fiction) from the rest. I found that 39 of the 104 games appeared to be traditional text adventures and that pretty much matches your list. I wish they would include the development system info in the downloads page. Fortunately, most of the text adventures can be identified by Glulx, Z-code, Adrift, TADS etc. If it says ‘choice-based’, I know to ignore it, but some are still a mystery.

2 Likes

Deelzebub, which was actually a group effort that was part of a university course. The windows folder has a .exe, but the Mac and Linux folder has the TADS file

1 Like

Just saw it before you responded, thanks!

1 Like

In case anyone wants to view or play with it, here’s a link to an Excel spreadsheet listing all IFComp games by development system back to 1995. It also includes the place in the relevant comp and where available (i.e.: for 1999 onwards), average score, number of votes received, standard deviation, and Miss Congeniality outcomes.

The 2020 games are included, although I haven’t got around to adding the place and score details for those yet. :wink:
10 Likes