IFComp 2015 judges: Please double-check your ratings

[ I shall later today send a version of this message via email to all of this year’s judges-so-far, as well. ]

Dear IFComp 2015 participants,

I have discovered a problem with the software behind the ballot. If you have submitted any ratings this year, I’d like your help in double-checking that your ratings look like you expect them to.

Thanks to the observant efforts of two judges (who I won’t name here, since ratings are publicly anonymous), I’ve found that the ballot has been quietly ignoring ratings of “1" (and only “1”) for a couple of weeks. Today, to the best of my knowledge, I have isolated and repaired this problem.

So: if you have given a rating of “1” to any of this year’s entries, please revisit the ballot page (ifcomp.org/ballot/vote) to confirm that these ratings are present. If they are not, please re-cast them. If you wish, you can then reload the page to make sure that they “stick”.

The ballot page will remain open for judges’ examination until 11:59 PM Eastern time on Sunday, November 15, per the usual competition schedule. Naturally, all judges may feel free to visit the ballot page and double-check the numbers there no matter what ratings they have cast so far.

I apologize for this inconvenience. I very much appreciate all judges’ efforts this year, and thank them for their further help in making sure that their ratings appear as intended.