IF Art Show

There’s a pre-announcement announcement on raif,

groups.google.com/group/rec.arts … ba7de385b7

Sounds cool.

I went through a process the last couple of months of sketching game ideas and shelving one after another for later because they all deserved a bigger treatment than I was willing to give them at the moment. Finally I have something that I think will work for a short game. I wanted to enter Spring Thing but it doesn’t look too feasible at this point, maybe the Art Show is a good alternative (plus I think my game will fit the theme).

Anyone else thinking about entering?

I’ve never checked it out before. Did it happen last year?

Nope, nor did it happen for the last few years before that. Like what Doe had posted, she took care of her mom during those years, and now that she’s available, she’s running the show again.

FWIW, I think the IF Art Show had never really been something as grand as the annual IF comp has always been, even though a lot of good IF has come out of it (e.g., Galatea"). It’s always been low-key, but I may be wrong, of course [emote];)[/emote]

Well, that’s sort of like saying “Animal X isn’t really as big as an elephant.” The impact of anything is relative, and the IF Comp itself could be seen as low-key, depending on your point of view.

No offense, of course. What you’re saying is true, but only from a certain point of view.

Greg

No offense taken. Of course, maybe I just haven’t been following the newsgroups that long… [emote]:)[/emote]