IF Art Show "Style"

@Adam_S, despite your tag 19 days ago, I just now saw this when I came to the forums post-IFComp to check if there were any issues I needed to help with… sorry about that! I am clearly a failure at IntFictioning. :upside_down_face:

Gosh. It’s so weird to revisit all these things from the past! I hadn’t really thought about the IF Art Show or The Fire Tower much in a pretty long time. Then @Adam_S contacted me on Twitter about it this past summer, there’s this here thread on IntFic, and then Aaron Reed did write-ups that touched on the IF Art Show: the article about Galatea (which also goes into the history of IF Art Show), and an article on The Fire Tower (which, wow, I kind of have no words about being included in the 50 Years of Text Games series). Adam, you referencing The Fire Tower as an example type of game for a jam is … really flattering. Thanks.

Anyway! Enough nostalgia and feeling flattered!

Jan-March sounds like a good time frame, or maybe (there might not be time for this) announce before the December holidays so people can think about it if they have time off from work before the New Year. Spring Thing is the next big thing on the calendar, and that’s not until May (though I could see some potential overlap between this and Spring Thing’s Back Garden).

I can’t promise I’ll participate, as I’m moving during that time period, but it’s a possibility, and regardless, I will definitely be interested in the sorts of work this jam produces. I wrote that kind of game because I love those kind of games. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

No worries at all @Jacqueline :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Ok… Watch this space…

Adam

1 Like