Ideas for a name - IF/Text Adventure Channel

Although I’ve got Banana Retro it’s a bit of a mixed bag of anything retro gaming that I or my kids feel like uploading. I’m mulling over creating a fresh channel that solely does IF/Text Adventure game Let’s Plays.

I’m not an overly academic chap so it would focus very much on gameplay experience rather than narrative analysis etc

Any suggestions for a channel name please? Thanks! :pray::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Geez, Adam, you ask some hard questions.

Something biting, something witty, something relevant to the genre. Quite frankly, I’ve got no idea. I can write adventures, but I always have trouble coming up with a title. This is much the same dilemma. Good luck.

1 Like

I’m the Jeremy Paxman of the IF/TA communities :smiley:

How about “IF and WEN”.

IF = Interactive Fiction
WEN = Web Enabled Narrative

2 Likes

I have the Facebook group “Interactive Fiction and Text Adventure” which I could use the same name as - it’d be accurate but not very snazzy.

For videos? This is really bad, but if you want something retro and Infocom flavored how about:

Wishbinger

as in ‘binge’, not ‘bing’

I said it was bad.

2 Likes

I see what you did there! :sweat_smile:

Yes it’s for a YouTube channel. I’ve already recorded quite a few over the last 18 months on my Banana Retro channel. However BR is a mixed bag and I quite fancy starting one that is very specific to IF Lets Plays.

Adam

IFTAG…?

Interactive Fiction & Text Adventure Games?

AFGNCAAP.

Might be a tricky name, but it has some tradition behind it at least.

1 Like

You’re going to have to help me with that one mate! What is it please?

Ageless Faceless Genter-Neutral Culturally-Ambiguous Adventure Person

2 Likes

Got it! Thanks :+1:

Text Adventure Fun Shop!

1 Like

Based on @SorenStonewall’s suggestion, ‘Text Adventure Live Plays’ or ‘Let’s Play Text Adventures’. I sort of like the last one. It’s very descriptive.

3 Likes

Go Frotz Yourself

3 Likes

Plugh or perhaps Plugh-In

1 Like

Haha, I do like that one!

That’s good, no grey area, instantly you know what the channel is.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for helping with suggested names.

What about…

“Ad Adventum”

Latin for “To Adventure”. Also my name is Adam, so Ad works.

Got the idea from Ad Astra :smiley:

Adam’s Ad Adventum (Gives you AAA so you’ll be listed first in the phone book.)

2 Likes