[I7] When play begins on a chair w/ introduction

Ran into this recently. Figured I would run it by all of you before getting frustrated with it. I’m having some sort of timing issue in the following code, which results in my room description begin printed twice. If “move player to the chair” is removed the behavior is normal, but no matter where I try to plug that line into “when play begins” I get a weird result. I’m thinking perhaps I can’t even put it there? How should I go about this?

"Begin Room" by Jizaboz

Include Basic Screen Effects by Emily Short.

When play begins:
	say "Here you are in the test lab waiting for the experiment to being.";
	wait for any key;
	clear the screen;
	display the boxed quotation "Chapter 1";
	show the current quotation;
	pause the game;
	now the player is in the chair;

Test Lab is a room. The description of test lab is "You are in a small room made of shiney green tiles."

A chair is an enterable supporter in the Test Lab. The description of chair is "A simple wooden chair."

Result:

You’re going to want to move the player to the chair, without printing a room description. Like so:

"Begin Room" by Jizaboz

Include Basic Screen Effects by Emily Short.

When play begins:
   say "Here you are in the test lab waiting for the experiment to being.";
   wait for any key;
   clear the screen;
   display the boxed quotation "Chapter 1";
   show the current quotation;
   pause the game;
   move the player to the chair, without printing a room description.

Test Lab is a room. The description of test lab is "You are in a small room made of shiney green tiles."

A chair is an enterable supporter in the Test Lab. The description of chair is "A simple wooden chair."

This eliminates the first room description that appears before the title block:

Or don’t move the player at all and set the PC’s initial location: “The player is on the chair.”

Oh cool. I thought the answer would probably be simple but it was just eluding me.

Thanks to both of you.

My very first Inform project, written in I6 around 1999 and aborted soon afterwards, started with the player in a chair. This takes me back…