[I7 ubuntu 32bit] Link broken?

Hi! I’m trying to download this version of the editor, but I always receive a “page not found” error.
inform7.com/download/content/6L3 … 1_i386.deb
Does it happen only to me?

It’s been reported: inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=1431

Thank you! I always forget to read the “bug tracker” first.

Uhm, reported on october 1st and not solved yet? :astonished:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnome-inform7/files/gnome-inform7/6L38/ for the latest versions of the gnome-inform7 packages.

Thank you!

[size=150]I can’t believe it![/size] It seems that the built-in extension “Glulx Text Effects” by Emily Short included in Gnome-Inform7 6L38 (version 4/140425) is different from the one included in Windows-Inform7 6L38 (version 5/140516). What a mess!

Am I wrong? If I’m right, was it already reported?

P.S. There is also a bug (in gnome-inform7) when someone installs an extension. If the extension is “for Glulx only”, the extension is installed with the additional text in its file name “(for Glulx only)”, so it’s not found during compilation.

Don’t have to shout.

I haven’t looked at the Gnome package, but 5/140516 is the current version and that’s what’s in the Mac package. (4/140425 is what went out with the 6L02 release.)

This has not been filed yet; please go for it.

Oops! I was so surprised (and also frustrated) that my exclamation came out loud. Sorry!

Ok, thank you. I’ll check twice to avoid a mistake of mine. Anyway the “gnome-inform7 ubuntu 32 bit” hasn’t appeared yet on Downloads | Inform 7 (there is the link, but points to a missing page). I got it from another repository (suggested a few posts above). Probably someone is still working on it, so I’d better to wait the final version before going to Mantis (or not?).

The version that’s out there is “final” (or as final as it can be considering this is just the latest release of an application in public beta). I compiled the Ubuntu 32-bit package for the project maintainer a week or two after he uploaded packages for 64-bit Ubuntu and a few other platforms, because I had a 32-bit Ubuntu system already running and he didn’t. The Inform 7 web site just hasn’t got a proper link to it yet because it was uploaded later. Anyway, somebody has already filed a Mantis report.

What about the outdated “Glulx Text Effects” extension problem? Do you confirm that the built-in extension “Glulx Text Effects” by Emily Short included in Gnome-Inform7 6L38 is version 4/140425? In that case, the problem is that it is different from the one included in Windows-Inform7 6L38 (version 5/140516).

I don’t really know why Gnome Inform 7 6L38 reports including an di version of Glulx Text Effects than Windows Inform 7 6L38. For what it’s worth, the Inform 7 website currently lists version 4/140425 as the latest version of the extension. It’s also worth noting that Gnome Inform 7 is managed by Philip Chimento, while the Windows frontend is managed by David Kinder, so that might have something to do with the discrepancy. I’ll email P.C. about it.

Thank you.
As zarf has already pointed out in this thread:

I have solved my problem installing version 5 of the extension on my ubuntu inform 7, of course, but I think it’s better to have the built-in extensions synchronized across platforms.