[I7] Substitutes For Issues

I’m not sure if I’m missing something that changed in the latest Inform. Consider this code:

This is the modified room description body text rule:
	say "Something."
The modified room description body text rule substitutes for the room description body text rule.

In Inform 9.3 that works. In Inform 10.x, however, it does not. I’m finding in the latest Inform version, nothing prints at all and the index does not show that the rule has been substituted. I’m finding any example I try that uses “substitutes for” seems to have this problem.

I didn’t immediately see a note on a change to this so just checking if I missed something.

1 Like

I noticed it too, and reported it: I7-2142.

It appears only to be working for turn sequence rules.