I7: Possible to change end game message?

Just a quick one,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to change the end game message. To be specific, this one:

“Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game or QUIT?”

All I want to do is add “UNDO” on that list to make the game more accessible to those who aren’t as familiar with IF as some of us. Is this possible?

I believe that UNDO is already one of the default options, so you don’t have to do anything at all. But to learn more about changing the end game message, see examples 370 and 371 in section 17.36 of the documentation.

Oh, I’m aware it’s already in there, it’s just that some of the people who have tested my game didn’t know an UNDO command existed so I wanted to point it out when they died. Saves them a lot of bother, and I don’t want to make my game a “save/reload/save/reload” experience.

I’ll check those bits of the documentation!

EDIT: Oh I see, turns out I just need to update my inform…

Hm, the message I get is “Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, QUIT or UNDO the last command?” If you’d like to draw even more attention to the UNDO option, maybe you can do this?

After printing the player's obituary: say "If the ending wasn't satisfactory, you can UNDO your last turn and try something else. This game should never put you in a pickle that you can't get out of by undoing one command." 

(You’d have to do some work to get the line spacing to come out right; it might depend on whether you have a score in the game.)

After reading the documentation you sent me, it turns out I’m just using an older version of Inform 7 that doesn’t do this automatically! So thanks for bringing that to my attention… hopefully the rest of the game still works in the new version!