[I7] nitpicking with SCORE -- SOLVED (The author is a dick)

I want SCORE to be an option for a normal death (not just for ending the game finally).

So:

[code]Table of Final Question Options (continued)
final question wording only if victorious topic final response rule final response activity
“display the current SCORE” false “score” scoring upon death rule –

This is the scoring upon death rule:
try requesting the achievements. [the custom action that invokes the score]

Use no scoring. [somewhere in the code][/code]
This works fine… until you end the game in victory (finally, I mean):

[spoiler]*** You are among the stars ***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, QUIT, UNDO the last command,
check your SCORE or display the current SCORE?[/spoiler]

Erm.

So, I tried finding the SCORE row in the Table of Final Question Options, but the manual says there is none.
I also tried figuring it out by myself (maybe the manual is WRONG):

choose row with a final response rule of XXXXX rule in the Table of Final Question Options; now the only if victorious entry is false
The XXXX has been tested in many ways (i.e. “immediately score”, “score” etc.)

My question: how do I achieve this thing without having the score as an option 2 times after winning the game?
Also: where can I find the Tables in I7? I mean the pre-existing ones, like the Table of Final Question Options?

Thank you!

The Table of Final Question Options is in the Standard Rules extension.

Thanks zarf.

So, the manual is right, and the score action is somewhere else (just a few lines above…):

The print final score rule is listed last in for printing the player's obituary. The print final score rule translates into I6 as "PRINT_FINAL_SCORE_R".
Doing this, though,

The print final score rule is not listed in any rulebook.

does nothing.

what should I do? Do I have to make a new obituary rule?

Mmmmh. This sounds like a bug. In the manual there IS indeed the right formula (I don’t know how I skipped it):

Procedural rule: ignore the print final score rule.

But… nothing changes anyway :S

Now I’m trying to add the score upon death to the table only if the story did not end finally.

I have not yet tried your test code, but let me point out that once you “Use no scoring”, you’ve already turned the “print final score” rule into a no-op.

Okay, I have tried your code, and it works for me.

The Kitchen is a room. "This is the room."

Table of Final Question Options (continued) 
final question wording	only if victorious	topic	final response rule	final response activity
"display the current SCORE"	false	"score"	scoring upon death rule	--   

This is the scoring upon death rule:
	say "Your achievements were..."

Use no scoring. [somewhere in the code]

Instead of going north:
	say "You fail.";
	end the story.

Instead of going south:
	say "You win.";
	end the story finally.

I’m a dick.

I just found out this piece of code I forgot about:

Table of Final Question Options (continued) final question wording only if victorious topic final response rule final response activity "check your SCORE" true "score" achievements rule --

It was part of the first release of my first game, and I totally forgot about it.
So, the code was replicated, and I did not know.

I’m a dick.

I’m really sorry for wasting your time.

Ha, don’t worry about it. I’m sure whatever mistakes any of us make have been made by dozens if not hundreds of others. And sometimes posting them means the next person who has the same problem will be able to find the answer faster.