I7: New Verb, Parsing Text instead of an Object

I want to parse "remember ", with not being an object - same as "enter ", but the two threads on this subject I found dealt with different requirements.

Table of phone index
name				memorized	remember
"Terrence"			0			"A"
"Weihnachtsmann"	0			"B"

Remembering is an action applying to one topic. Understand "remember [text]" as remembering.
Instead of remembering a topic listed in Table of phone index:
	say "[remember entry]";
Check remembering:
	say "You don't remember that name.".

Prolly contains a shitload of mistakes, but I’m new to tables AND parsing text instead of objects. What do I have to change in order to print “A” when entering “remember terrence”?

The thing here is that matching text in a table requres use of the phrase ‘The Topic Understood’ to refer to the text the player types.

Topics also parse differently from other table contents, and require that the column containing the text to match is actually called ‘topic’.

Here’s your example done topic-wise. I only just worked this stuff out myself a few days ago, so someone else might know of a way to do this without repeating through the table, but this works and does show a few of the relevant phrases.

[code]there is a room called Hi.

Table of phone index
topic memorized remember
“Terrence” 0 “A”
“Weihnachtsmann” 0 “B”

Remembering is an action applying to one topic. Understand “remember [text]” as remembering.

Check remembering:
If topic understood is not a topic listed in Table of phone index, say “You don’t remember that name.”

Carry out remembering:
repeat through table of phone index:
if topic understood includes topic entry, say remember entry.[/code]

Cool, works! Thanks!!

I was able to get it to work by changing the ‘name’ column to ‘topic’:

Table of phone index
topic				memorized	remember
"Terrence"			0			"A"
"Weihnachtsmann"	0			"B"

Remembering is an action applying to one topic. Understand "remember [text]" as remembering.
Instead of remembering a topic listed in Table of phone index:
	say "[remember entry]";
Check remembering:
	say "You don't remember that name.".