I7 - multiple-choice parser mode?

I wanted to create a multiple-choice section where the player make his selection by typing one of the word in a list. Like in Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards:

Of course, In this case I could use a yes/no dialog (like in the original softcore adventure) but I think typing the actual word is more immersive.

I guess this must be something out of world - I don’t want anything to interrupt when the player makes his choice. But besides that, I don’t really know how to get started on this. So, like, please help!

I think the extension Questions by Michael Callaghan is designed for just such a purpose. The version on Github is updated to work with the latest version of Inform; right-click on Raw and choose “Save as…” (or whatever option your operating system gives you, maybe “Download as…”) to get the Inform file and then you can open it and install it.

Hey, that seem to work! As I understand the examples, it uses scenes to check if a certain question is being asked, but I should be able to figure that out. Thanks!

Another option is the extension Hybrid Choices by AW Freyr if you want to switch back and forth between choice and parser mode throughout the game and affect the model world via choices.