I7 goofing up tenses - You has

Hoping to tweak the default locale description response from “[We] [can] see a foo and a bar here” to “[We] [have] found a foo and a bar here.”

Trouble is, if I instruct:

Tower is a room.

The foo is a thing in Tower.   The bar is a thing in Tower.

The you-can-also-see rule response (E) is "[have] found ".

The you-can-also-see rule response (D) is "[have] also found ".

then the game brings me:

“You has found a foo and a bar.”

Why is I7 conjugating second-person “to have” as “has”? It doesn’t do this for some other uses of “[have]”, like in example 252, “Responsive.” This one conjugates appropriately:

An Anonymous B613 Cell is a room. "There isn't much to see in this bare room. What there is, you've already seen sometime in the last twenty years." 

When play begins: 
    now print empty inventory rule response (A) is "[We] [have] absolutely nothing.". 

I could cheat and make my default message “have found” without the brackets, but I’d rather learn more about how Inform conjugates in general, because I’m going to be tweaking a lot of default responses.

I think the issue might be that, when you print your new You-can-also-see responses, Inform doesn’t know that the last thing mentioned was the player. (Whereas in “[We] [have]…” the bracketed “[We]” signals that. What if you try this?

The you-can-also-see rule response (E) is "[regarding the player][have] found ".

That should set the prior named object to the player and force “have” to conjugate appropriately.

…if this is correct, I’m not entirely sure why response (A) and (B), which contain “[We]”, aren’t setting the prior named object to the player.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.