i7-Examining a vehicle while inside it with no other objects

Had some randomly appearing spare time today so I screwed around with Inform 7 a little, and stumbled into a problem with this code:

Freeway is a room. A car is a vehicle in the freeway. The player is in the car.

It produces this transcript:

[code]Freeway (in the car)

x car
In the car .

[/code]
That weird space before the period makes me think that message isn’t supposed to be there. Giving the car a description of “It’s an ordinary car.” made the problem a little clearer.

[code]Freeway (in the car)

x car
It’s an ordinary car.

In the car .

[/code]
Is it me or is Inform mishandling an empty object list inside the car, when the player is inside? Whether it’s a bug or not, how do I suppress this ‘In the car .’ message? I’d also like to know how to suppress this message for a rideable vehicle, if the solution is any different. Appreciate any help!

Paul.

Looks like this bug: inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=38 .

The bug is closed, which means that if you’re using the latest version of Inform, that shouldn’t be happening and it needs to be reported.

If you aren’t using the latest version, then, well, that’s why. You can remove the bug without upgrading the compiler if you unlist the “examine supporters” and “examine containers” rules from the carry out examining rulebook; you can then choose whether to replace those with rules that do provide a more limited list of what’s in/on the enterable thing with you.

Yeah, I am one version behind, since the latest version won’t successfully compile code on my system due to that other bug you identified for me. It’s a bit of a complicated solution (and I’ve made note of it just in case), and thank you once again for the help. Maybe if I just put it off a little while and investigate other stuff first, there will be a new version out soon enough that solves both bugs for me.

Besides, it looks like I have me some work to do to get the Rideable Vehicles extension to cooperate with the Custom Library Messages (third person) extension. Next random spare time I get, I’ll work on that, instead. 8)

Paul.