I Am Too Sexy For This Forum

Somehow you’re doing better in the newsgroups. I’m falling asleep reading this thread. :mrgreen:

I dunno, he still makes outrageous claims obviously crafted just to annoy people and still manages to evoke a response. That’s a textbook example of succesful trolling.

Possibly you are confusing the use of idiom, which is entirely optional, with the use of literary or filmic conventions, which is a situation where I do agree it is better (but not mandatory) to know which rule you are breaking.

Heh, you seem to enjoy inventing rules about language. It describes both. There is nothing about ‘switching’ that requires they be ‘loose’. You can switch tracks, switch rooms, switch seats, switch sidewalks, etc. You can switch whatever you like including pages.

P.

True. Usually it is better when it’s funny, though, which this thread hasn’t been for a while now, so I give it like a 5/10 for trolling.

Oh, I wasn’t infotaining you effectively enough, was I? How old are you? Twelve? Do you yourself a favour and look up the transitive verb “switch” in a dictionary. Read the entry carefully and maybe you’ll understand why “switching pages” isn’t synonymous with “turning pages.”

I am habitually urbane but liable to sudden spleen when confronted with crass stupidity.

Eh, I don’t even think Jacek’s really trolling on this thread – to take things well below the twelve-year-old level, namekuseijin started it.

So the one thing I’ve said that irritated you enough to start insulting me as well, was that I rated you low on trolling? You must take a lot of pride in it — seems like namekuseijin had you pegged.

Paul.

Now would be a good time for this topic to be locked/deleted.

Smokin’ Croc Dude, you remind me of Sobek, the Crocodile God whose temples I razed with the ground and whose priests I scattered to the winds when I abolished polytheism and made myself the only God. He too had surprisingly thin skin for a reptile.

So far I have spoken to y’all as your equal. Now I will speak to you as your Pharaoh.

Hearken to My words, mortals, for it is I – Akhenaten Son of Aten, He Whose faeces is chocolate fudge to mortal men, He Whose urine is finest wine to His subjects, He Whose semen is lotion for His concubines’ faces – Who speak unto you. I hereby order the moderators to lock and preserve this topic so that it may edify posterity and enlighten future generations of Pudlologists.

Thus have I spoken and thus shall it be written.

too late for locking, I guess. It’d make the trolling teen pharaoh angry.