Hugo Awards 2022 finalists

Today the finalists for the Hugo Awards were announced. These are voted on by members of the World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon) each year. Note they are not purely scifi only, but also cover fantasy, horror and speculative fiction of all kinds. Categories include Best Novel and various types of shorter writing, and also films and television series.

One category in the Hugo Awards each year is Best Fan Writer, and this year interactive fiction author Bitter Karella (@bitterkarella) is nominated in there. Huge congratulations!

I will be voting on these awards later in the year, and look forward to checking out the finalists’ work over the coming months. Members of the Worldcon each year get a voter packet with lots of the entry material to peruse. I have a supporting membership for this year’s Worldcon in Chicago.

Here is a link to the list of 2022 Hugo Awards finalists:

20 Likes

Also Caroline M. Yoachim nominated for Best Novellete. She previously made this:

6 Likes

Congratulations to @bitterkarella , Caroline and everyone else who has been nominated!

4 Likes

Fabulous! Thanks for pointing that out and congratulations to Caroline :heart:

1 Like

Thanks very much! :smiley:

11 Likes

I thought others might like to know about the Send BitterKarella to Chicon 8 sale.

7 Likes

Thank you for the shout out! :smiley:

3 Likes