how to refer to properties of parts of objects

Here is some sample code:

[code]
A cat is a kind of thing.

A nose is a kind of thing. A nose is a part of every cat. A nose has some text called left nostril. A nose has some text called right nostril. Right nostril is usually “The right nostril looks clear”. Left nostril is usually “The left nostril looks runny”.

Understand
Instead of examining cat:
say “???”

The garden is a room. A cat called Bob is in the garden.[/code]

I’m not sure what to put in the question marks. I want the description of every cat to show the status of the left and right nostril of taht cat.

Sorry for the silly example, not sure what I was thinking but again this is paraphrasing my problem.

This one is a little tricky. You can refer to “Bob’s nose,” but not “the noun’s nose.” First, get rid of that spurious “Understand” and then try this:

Instead of examining a cat: let N be a random nose which is part of the noun; say "[right nostril of the N]. [left nostril of the N]."Note that since there is only one nose on a cat, “a random nose which is part of the noun” will be that nose. This is a neccessary, yet overly - unintuitive syntax that I believe is on the list of things to be fixed in the future. (It has been discussed that “let N be the nose which is part of the noun” – when there is only one possible nose – should probably be acceptable, but at the moment, it’s not.)